If you’re desperately making the most of the last days of summer (September still counts as summer right?) and you’re not ready to put the BBQ away just yet… trust us, you are not alone. Luckily for us (and you) we found a fail-safe chickpea burger recipe (thanks, Pinterest) that will have your meat-eating friends drooling, and definitely wanting to get in on a piece of the action.
Here is what you need:
- 1carrot(medium size grated)
- 1garlic clove
- 64g can chickpeas
- 39ml ground cumin
- 39ml ground coriander
- salt & pepper
- 1large egg
- 58ml plain flour
- oil (for frying)
- 2slice whole wheat bread (cut in round shapes)
- 1red onion
And here is what you have to do:
- Peel the carrots, grate them coarsely and set them aside.
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and put them into a food processor with the garlic, ground spices, salt and pepper. Slightly process to obtain a rough paste then add the carrot, egg, and flour and process briefly until evenly mixed but slightly rugged.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and divide the mixture into 8. Fry in batches for 2–3 minutes on each side, until golden, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Keep opened chickpea can to cut round shapes in bread slices. Toast each slice in toaster or in frying pan.
- Serve with salad of your choice, and Garbanzos on the side (obviously).